If you are unable to access a specific site, you may want to know how to disable pop-up blockers. Your web browser may have it built-in and active. Some sites rely on ad revenue, so they will not give you access unless your blocking is disabled.
We’ll start by jumping into the steps to disable pop-up blockers on Chrome. Then we talk briefly about the purpose of these advertisements. While people do not like to see them, they provide a benefit to anyone who surfs the internet.
Most people do not look for tips on how to disable pop-up blockers. On the contrary, people want to get rid of them as soon as possible. Still, you can see why you made the wise decision to keep the ads in your browser.
How to disable pop-up blockers on Chrome (Mac)
- Open Safari.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the Websites-associated entry.
- Click Pop-ups.
- Go to the drop-down menu named “When you visit other sites.”
- Select Allow to turn off your adblocker.
How to disable pop-up blockers on Chrome (PC)
- Open your computer’s Chrome browser.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right part.
- Select Settings.
- Find and click Advanced at the bottom of the menu.
- Go to “Privacy and Security”, then select Site Settings.
- Select pop-ups and redirects.
- Find the option at the top of the menu. Then change the setting to Allowed to disable your pop-up blocker.
How to disable pop-up blockers on Chrome (Android)
- Tap the Chrome app.
- Select More and then Settings.
- Select Site Preferences.
- Select Pop-ups and redirects.
- Change pop-ups and redirects to let pop-up ads appear.
How to disable pop-up blockers on Chrome (iPhone)
- Launch the Chrome app.
- Tap More, then tap Settings.
- Select Content settings, then tap Block pop-ups.
- Turn off Block pop-ups to disable the pop-up blocker.
What are pop-up ads?
You may find various goods and services on most sites. Some provide a subscription to their online series or other services. You can order their products right on their website.
However, that alone does not help them gain new customers. That is why they are launching marketing campaigns. Often, they involve the proliferation of pop-up ads on the Internet.
You may have seen a pop up under their website. Unfortunately, some go overboard with pop-ups. The ads may appear too often to ruin the user experience.
The ads may block the user’s view of the website. Some may cause another site to appear with even more ads. Worse, they may be blocking your marker so you can open another promo site.
What’s more, pop ads collect data from users. Most people are not sure how much information is being collected. Companies usually do not provide information on how they also use the information.
However, some sites are more dangerous. They may upload ads that appear even when your browser is closed. The worst could upload viruses that could harm your computer!
As a result, many people want pop-ups blocked as soon as possible. No ads should appear on their phones or computers! They typically keep Chrome blocked at all times.
If not, download the stronger third-party blockers. Some are happy with the free options. Others pay extra for these pop-up blockers. Everything to keep ads in check!
Wait, pop-up ads are good ?!
You are unique in checking out this guide on how to disable pop-up blocking. As we have discussed, most people would rather keep it active constantly. Still, it’s a good idea for another reason.
Have you ever wondered what the internet would be like without ads? Businesses would no longer bother you with their goods and services. They do not monitor you with these ads either.
If so, be prepared for a less inclusive internet. Websites rely on ad revenue to function. Without them, you may have to pay for access instead.
According to Vox, Americans had to pay $ 420 annually. It’s $ 35 per person. Month for each person. It based this figure on total US advertising spending in 2019, which was $ 106 billion.
Blocking ads can also mean blocking the internet! Imagine how much greater than balance is now. Then consider how much it would balloon if you included spending from foreign countries.
Modern online ads let the world freely benefit from the Internet.
Here are some specific ways it achieves this:
- They allow you to enjoy free online content – Without pop-up ads, your favorite sites may start charging for their services. You’re missing out on first-class items from Inquirer USA!
- Pop-ups provide free access to information – People are taking online courses today. Some even learn how to perform telework. If not for ads, these people will not get these benefits from the internet.
- Ads strengthen your local mom-and-pop stores – Small businesses can have websites by displaying pop-up ads. If they do not, they are depriving themselves of this important tool in digital marketing.
- Have you ever heard of GoFundMe? They can help those in need – Some charities need online ads to ask for help. Websites like these may not be possible if not free online advertising.
Try applying our steps on how to disable pop-up blockers now. If the ads are still showing on your phone. It may have malware or adware. Follow these instructions to remove smartphone viruses.
If the problem persists, you may need technical support. For Apple users, this may mean buying a new tablet. Check out the latest iPads from the tech giant.
However, most people will still have their blocking features active. In response, companies must have marketing channels in addition to pop-up ads. Learn other methods to promote your business.
Learn more about how to disable pop-up blockers
Where’s the pop-up blocker in Google Chrome?
It’s located in Chrome’s settings. The steps to access it vary depending on your device. Read the instructions below to learn how to disable your pop-up blocker.
Is it “popup” or “pop up”?
To “appear” means “to appear suddenly.” As an adjective, “pop-up” refers to an object that appears immediately. Meanwhile, “popup” is a grammatical error.
Are pop-ups dangerous?
Some collect only unknown types and amounts of user data. Others, however, are more malicious. They are uploading viruses that could potentially harm your computer.
Disclaimer: This article is not the official guide to disabling the pop-up blocking process, but is based on the author’s own personal experience.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 6pm. 4 and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.